Brittany is an electrical engineer with a passion for the arts and fashion. She received her Sc.B. in electrical engineering at Brown University in 2018. While pursuing her bachelor’s, she spent a lot of her time taking courses and working with apparel and industrial designers from RISD and MICA. There she focused her energy on integrating technology into clothing. Her work focuses on adapting garments with 21st-century technology.
Areas that she questions include:
1) Prevention: how can clothing identify disease?
2) Interaction: how can clothing help people engage with others?
3) Superhuman: how can clothing enhance people’s human abilities?
4) Inclusion: how can clothing be more inclusive for people with different abilities?
5) Expression: how can clothing tell our story?